Monday, February 15, 2010

Bonjour

I created this blog with the idea that I would post my thoughts about the classes that I'm taking while in library school and that I would chart my progress towards earning my MLIS degree and getting a position as an academic/research librarian. However, life (and library school) intervened and an entire semester passed without a single entry. Currently, I'm in the fourth week of the Spring semester. The third week never happened due to the massive snowstorm that hit the DC area on February 5th. I am taking three courses this semester, which is going to be more difficult (in terms of course load) as I only took two courses during the fall. The courses I'm taking are:

LBSC650--Reference (I forgot the formal title, but it's an introductory reference course)
LBSC690--Information Technology
LBSC734--Seminar in the Academic Library.

I am enjoying my classes--I'd better since I'm going to be so far in debt once I'm finished with library school that it'll take a couple of lifetimes to pay my loans. I'm investing in myself, so it's not too big of a deal.

My next post will go into further details about the topic and structure of my courses

No comments:

Post a Comment